Instagram dead again?

Discussion in 'Sachiko' started by Lyder, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Lyder

Lyder New Member

Our instagram in the footer stopped working yesterday (access_token invalid) -
    Today we went into the managing area of instagram, and it said that our key/app had been disabled due to violation of the platform terms.

I have reported the issue to instagram, but is there anything as a developer I can do?
    It said that the app had to do one of these following three things, and it didn't :

1. It helps members of our community share their own content with apps or services
    2. It helps brands and advertisers understand and manage their audience, develop their content strategy, and obtain digital rights
    3. It helps help broadcasters and publishers discover content, get digital rights to media, and share media using web embeds
    The full api terms can be read here: https://www.instagram.com/about/legal/terms/api/

Does anybody else have this problem now?

2. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Lyder,

The instagram widget on the demo site still works. Perhaps the access token is also used anywhere else where it violates the TOS?
    If you just create a new token I think this issue can be resolved.

Thanks!

3. Lyder

Lyder New Member

I created a new app, and reauthenticated - now the feed is back.
    But won't this just happen again?

To be clear - I just create a sandbox app, and authenticate that one right? or does it need to be something else?

4. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

Sandbox is enough, sandbox only allows you to fetch data from your own account.
    I don't know either what caused your API key to be blocked, but so far it has not yet happened to other customers.

Thanks!

5. Lyder

Lyder New Member

Thank you for the quick support - It is working fine so far :)
    But I hope that it will not be a weakly thing or something.

Thanks.

6. Lyder

Lyder New Member

I wrote to instagram, that after a while told me, that the instagram user had changed, which caused the secret key to be invalid. It had nothing to do with your theme.