Making my page look like your sample

Discussion in 'Sachiko' started by Rachel Curtis, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Rachel Curtis

Rachel Curtis New Member

Hi Mairel,

There are several features I loved about this theme that don't display on my page. I don't know what they're called so I'll do my best to describe them.

1. Below the blog title is a large photo and box with the first lines of each post. This can be scrolled left or right. It doesn't exist at all on my page. How do I get it there?

2. Under the "most popular" bar that scrolls sideways, each entry has a small photo. I have this area on my page, but no photos.

3. Below, each post in the display is abbreviated and starts with one large photo. In mine, the entire post is shown and there is no uniformity between them.

How can I apply these features to my site? (I realize my photography sucks, and there's only so good my site will look until that improves. I'm working on that next!)

Thank you,

Rachel
    thedouladiaries.com

2. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi again Rachel,

1. You need to mark your posts as featured first to have the Featured Slider appear. To do that simply go to the posts you want to appear on the home page, scroll down and find the green switch labeled Mark as Featured

2. That means you don't have a featured image assigned to your posts. When editing a post, on the right side at the bottom there should be a box where you could do this.

3. It's the same as (2)

Thank you!

3. Rachel Curtis

Rachel Curtis New Member

Hi Mairel,

Thank you so much for this. I am still seeing the full posts displayed on the homepage. How do I abbreviate them to a first paragraph with a "read more" link?

Thanks,

Rachel

4. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

5. Rachel Curtis

Rachel Curtis New Member

Awesome. Thank you!