Need only the portfolio interface

Discussion in 'Haruna' started by maildeseb, Jun 12, 2017.

1. maildeseb

maildeseb New Member

I need to extract from Haruna only the interface to manage portfolio in backoffice and to display portfolio on the front office.
    Could you please tell me which files I need to remove and which files I need to keep ?

2. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

It's not possible to just remove some files and retain some functionality on WordPress. You need what is called capability on WordPress. It's a complicated topic and you can use for example this plugin to manage this:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/capability-manager-enhanced/

Thanks!

3. maildeseb

maildeseb New Member

oO

I just need to use the portfolio interface in the back and in the front and just that. Nothing else.
    Could you make a pack for me ? I can buy it, no problem.

4. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

Yes, as what I said before, that can only be achieved in WP using capabilities.
    So a super admin can see all functions, but the regular admins can only see the portfolio in the backend. The frontend is the same, it all depends on what content is added.

Is that what you want? If you want me to do it, we can talk about a custom job, please send me a private message.

Thanks!

5. maildeseb

maildeseb New Member

I need to do the portfolio system in backend like in haruna, with fields to upload a gallery, and specify the number of columns of each image. And I need to be able to display the result in front. As in haruna, except that I do not need anything else. So I want to recover only the useful files, since it is useless to weigh the content of my ftp for nothing.

6. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

WordPress as a whole can not be separated. To have only certain functionality, you need to disable the access for specific users. The size of the files really does not affect your FTP. It's only about 8 megabytes for the WP installation + theme. What really makes things heavy for your FTP is the amount of images uploaded on the server.

If you need just a simple interface like that, then that will be a custom website with a custom backend, not WordPress.

Thanks!