Page settings column width

Discussion in 'Ichiban' started by discostitches, Sep 13, 2017.

1. discostitches

discostitches New Member

I currently have the page settings size set as half but the split screen is not of equal width as it is in the youtube tutorials. I'd prefer to have my screen split equally in two. One side with my featured image and then the text on the right. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello,

It's actually not a bug. If your screen is smaller than 1600px then it would be shown with a smaller header cover area. Otherwise, the content area would be too small and text would be to cramped :)

3. discostitches

discostitches New Member

My screen is 17 inches?

4. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

Wow, then there should be something wrong in the settings. What's the site? Let me look :)

5. discostitches

discostitches New Member

OK, I just hit publish so you can take a look but you will see it's like a third image and then the text, not sure what I'm doing wrong - also, what image size should I upload (I need to make sure that the woman on the ladder features on this page rather than gets cut off)
    Thanks

6. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

What's the site ? :)

7. discostitches

discostitches New Member

www.octusglobal.com

I'm having a real nightmare trying to get this 4 pager to work out. I want octusglobal.com/welcome to be the home page : octusglobal.com but that's currently coming up with a 404 message.
    - what size should the photos be ideally?
    - can you point me in the direction of a tutorial of how to do the menu for this theme? I don't want a 'HOME' I want just the four pages, with the first option being my welcome page

8. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

The proportions of the cover and content looks fine to me. They are 50:50. So your screen resolution must be lower than 1600pixels.
    You can't have octusglobal.com/welcome as the frontpage. The frontpage will always be your octusglobal.com

What you can do is only assign a page to show at the frontpage through Settings > Reading > Frontpage display.

You can create and assign menus using Appearance > Menu. Nothing is affected by the theme here, the way menus work is the default WordPress behavior. Here's a guide to setting up menus in WordPress:
    https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Menu_User_Guide

Thanks!