Theme update: The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Discussion in 'Sachiko' started by monika64, Oct 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. monika64

monika64 New Member

Hi, I am getting this message when I try to update the theme:

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme install failed.

2. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

You're installing the wrong file. Open up the zip file and install sachiko.zip inside the zip file.
    That should do it.

Thanks!

3. monika64

monika64 New Member

Hi, so I managed to update the theme but it messed up quite a few things on my website. For example, you forgot to close the brackets in archive.php so my categories didn't work until I fixed it. Also, there is a hamburger menu over my logo on desktop site and the pagination is messed up as you can see on the image. And all the fonts have changed even if they are selected in Customize -> Typography. When I inspect element it shows that my chosen fonts are strikethrough and it uses inherit fonts. And I managed to use my chosen font but only by writing my custom CSS and that should not be the solution. Anyway, I restored my old backup now because the website looked awful, but I ready want that Instagram feed that is only available on updated theme. Can you tell me why does that updated theme mess up my website and how to fix all that? Thank you

[​IMG]

4. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

You're right about the brackets, really sorry about that!

But about the strikethrough text and hamburger menu, that should be something coming from something else in your site like a plugin. Try deactivating the plugins one by one and see if that solves the problem.

Otherwise, please send me your site login and I'll do the update.

Thanks!