Use gallery and portfolios

Discussion in 'Wigwam' started by Erika, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Erika

Erika New Member

Hi,
    I just bought wigwam theme and I'm using the wordpress platform.
    I'm a beginner, so I don't understand how to manage images... It seems to be possible at different ways ! I see tabs gallery and portfolios but also "insert gallery" directly in a page or even turn the page on gallery template...

For I suppose the tabs gallery and portfolios are specific to the theme, I used it to create some, but how to insert them into my pages ?

Thanks and sorry for my stupid question ;)

2. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Erika,

Thanks for purchasing :)

To make it easy to understand, just say that the gallery and portfolio menus on the sidebar navigation of your admin are used to insert gallery and portfolio posts. Just like a blog post, with title, content but with additional features for images.

The insert gallery on a page is the native WordPress [gallery] shortcode and this is only for adding gallery images inside your posts.

If you want to have the gallery and portfolio like on the demo site, then the posts are what you need. You don't insert portfolio/galleries into pages, but you create portfolio/gallery pages.

The gallery template is for displaying galleries as seen under the Home menu on the demo site.

Thanks!

3. Erika

Erika New Member

Thanks for your answer, it's almost clear now !

I used the template image splash for the home page, by downloading my image in "image en avant" (sorry it's in french, it's juste below the template page menu on the right side) instead of download it in the post... but the problem is that doesn't work with the other templates, like gallery caroussel... don't understand where to put my images ?

Another thing is that I want to delete the bar "next article" down my portfolio pages, can I ? It seems not to apear in the demo site...

And a final question, is there a fonctionnality to put an image in a circle like on the page "about us" ?

Thanks a lot.

#3 Erika, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  4. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

I'm not quite clear what you need here, is there anyway I can see the site and access your admin? You can send the login details via private conversation.

Next article perhaps comes from a third party plugin, not sure how it looks like I will check it out when I have access to your site.

Use the [team] shortcode, or use the page builder and drop the team shortcode. Then choose squared image, and rounded image style. If you're not sure how the page builder works see this video from my other theme:

I know the documentation for this theme is still limited, and I'm still working on it right now :)

Thanks!

5. alona

alona New Member

hi everyone, I have a question related to this topic.

I just bought the theme and I would like to know if there is any way to make the text look like above the gallery

I try to explain myself, that the text appears first and then the gallery.

Thank you