Widget Menu item missing under Appearance in Wordpress Dashboard

Discussion in 'Ichiban' started by Jill Seeman, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Jill Seeman

Jill Seeman New Member

Hello,

I noticed the Widget menu item was missing on my Wordpress Dashboard after I installed your theme. I have not used a child theme as yet but may have to.

I added the following code to your Theme functions.php under the function ichi_register_required_plugins() and I was wondering if there was a reason you had it hidden?

register_sidebar();

Once I added this code the Widgets menu item appeared with Sidebar 1 option.

Ultimately I am trying to find where the sticky footer text is in order to amend it.

Thank You
    Jill Seeman

2. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Jill,

Unfortunately there's not Widgets support for this theme so even if you register a sidebar there's no place where it will be shown.

Thanks!

3. Jill Seeman

Jill Seeman New Member

Hello,

Thank you that makes sense. Is there a way then of editing or amending to the sticky footer text at the bottom of the home page? Or is that non editable due to copyright?

Cheers..
    Jill

4. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

That text is completely customizable inside Appearance > Customize > General > Footer > Copyright Text

Thanks!

5. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

That text is completely customizable inside Appearance > Customize > General > Footer > Copyright Text

Thanks!

6. Jill Seeman

Jill Seeman New Member

Great...apologies, one more question. What size logo do I need to create in order to get my logo to be the same size as yours? I started with 512x512 but it seems to crop it too small. I like the size of yours in the upper left hand corner. In addition, if i decide to use no logo, how do I remove yours? It seems when I do not attach an image under Customise / Branding it puts your logo in by default. Thank You for your prompt responses!! :)

7. maimairel

maimairel Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

There's really no specific image size for the logo. Just make sure there's no transparent space around your logo.
    What do you want to show, when there's no logo assigned?

Thanks!